The Cove Connection
Sunday, February 9th, 2020
- February 10th- O'Reilly's Class Music Share, 11:45am-12:30pm, Music Rm
- February 10th- LCAP Committee Meeting, 3:30pm-5:00pm, Hall Rm. 301
- February 10th-SPARK Board Meeting, 7:00pm - 9:00pm, Hall Library
- February 11th- Long's Class Music Share, 9:35-10:20, Music Room
- February 12th- Walk & Roll Wednesday
- February 12th- PTO Board Meeting
- February 12th- LCMSD Board Meeting- Open Session, 6:00pm-9:00pm, Hall Library
- February 14th- Progress Reports Emailed home (for anyone who does not have a conference)
- February 14th- DELAC Leadership Team Meeting, 9:00am-10:00am, Hall Room #401
- February 17th-February 21st- No School- Mid-Winter Break
A glance at the past week clockwise from top left: 2nd graders share their various solutions to a CGI math problem, Global School Play Day in action, School Resource Officer Jeff Peterson talks about bike safety at our school assembly, 7th graders from Marin Country Day School volunteer in our classrooms, Kindergartners celebrate the 100th Day of School, Author Danielle Svetkov gives a book talk to our 4th and 5th graders!
Valentine’s Day Many classes will be celebrating Valentine’s Day on Friday, February 14th. Please respect any communications from your child’s teacher/s around classroom celebrations. Students are welcome to bring Valentine’s cards with pencils, colorful erasers, stickers, tattoos, etc…but no candy or food items please! Here are more ideas if you are interested.
- We have only TODAY & TOMORROW to make our goal and we need you! Our school depends on the money raised during the Readathon- our only fundraiser! The PTO pays for:
- Class Furniture and Equipment
- Our students Instructional Materials
- Professional Development for Teachers
- PE and Playground Equipment
Click here to Donate Now and to view our leaderboard.
LET’S TALK PRIZES!
All classes with 100% donation participation (all amounts, large and small count!) win a Popcorn Party! They also win a class and teacher gift card!
- Class with the highest money raised wins an Ice Cream Sundae Party!
- Top 3 Highest Totals! The three students raising the greatest amount—each winner chooses in turn from these:
- Instax Camera; Amazon Kindle; Ozobot
Minutes-based Prizes—Grand Total!
- Student in each grade reading the most minutes overall: $25 gift card to Book Passage
- Student reading the most overall, in the whole school—Principal for a day + $100 Amazon gift card
AND! Teacher & Class Incentives!
- Top 3 classes with most minutes read—teacher and classroom Book Passage gift cards
- Top 3 classes with most money raised—teacher and classroom Book Passage gift cards
- Any class with 100% fundraising participation—teacher and classroom Book Passage gift cards
Have you seen our worm? From the left to the right, the office to the library it’s HUGE! We’ve read over 258,000 minutes this Readathon blowing way past our goal of 200,000. We had a record 25 raffle winners this week as a result of so much reading and raising!
Way to go Coyotes! When you read and raise, WE ALL WIN!
Derby Den Presents: Spring Music Enrichment Ukuleles and Oz
Our Ukulele Ensemble program includes a Uke Songbook with lots of fun material for Ukulele players of all levels! This Spring, our Uke group will perform for our school community, as well as have the unique opportunity to perform in the Derby Den's Spring Showcase held at Redwood High School theatre on May 1st. Students are encouraged to bring their own Ukes, however, instruments can be rented on first-come, first serve basis or beginning student Ukes can be purchased at the Magic Flute in San Rafael. Tuition can be by check payable (envelope in office) to Christine Derby or paypal to email@example.com to register your child in this Spring program! Click here to sign-up
Who: 2nd-5th graders
When: Thursdays (8 week session) 3/19-5/21 with no class during Spring Break
Location: Music Room
Tuition: $125 | Min: 20 Max: 40
Spring Musical Enrichment- OZ! With new songs and colorful characters, Oz is a fun Musical you won't want to miss! The Musical cast will meet every week on Mondays to put together our show. We will perform on our Cove stage, as well as have the unique opportunity to perform Highlights of our show in the Derby Den Spring Showcase to be held at Redwood High School Theatre on May 1st, along with some Hall student performers highlighting their musical show as well! Tuition can be by check payable (envelope in office) to Christine Derby or paypal to firstname.lastname@example.org to register your child in this Spring program! Click here to register
Who: 3rd-5th grade Cove students
When: Mondays 3/23- 5/29 (no rehearsal week of Spring Break, or Memorial Day)
Tuition: $195/ weekly rehearsals and 2 performance opportunities at Cove & Redwood HS | Min: 30 Max: 50
Cove Library Birthday Book Program Looking for a special way to celebrate your child’s birthday? Consider The Cove School’s Birthday Book Program! The Birthday Book Program supports our school's library and makes your child's day when they see their names inside our school's books! If your child’s birthday has already passed, visit the Library.
Walk & Roll Wednesday Wednesday February, 12th! We will hold our first raffle of the year! If it's not raining, we will be giving out swag and filling out our last bunch of raffle tickets. Take the green route and skip the car!
Cove’s Got Talent--- The Variety Show is currently in rehearsals! The Big Show will take place on Friday, March 6th, at 6:00pm in the Neil Cummins Gym. For more information click here.
Did you know ALL donations to the Cove PTO are tax deductible? That’s right! School supplies, membership and Readathon donations included! The Cove PTO tax ID number is 35-2503277. Provide the tax ID with your proof of contribution to claim your deduction. And THANK YOU for your support!
SPARK Art Show is open through February 12th 12-5pm at the Town Center Corte Madera #325 Come visit the wonderful art created by local artists and students. Proceeds from sales benefit SPARK.
Volunteers needed for Spring Online Auction We need help in the following areas: solicitations and catalog editors. Contact info@SPARKschools.org if you can help with any these events
SPARK Board Meeting Date Change Monday, February 10, 7:00-9:00pm at the Hall Library.
SPARK Biz Partner Spotlight: SoccerKiddos Spring registration is open now for classes beginning March 7th for kids for 18 months–31/2 years. Soccerkiddos is a developmentally age appropriate program that introduces soccer in a fun, non-competitive, interactive manner. Visit marinsoccerkiddos.com Thank you for supporting our schools!
Please click link to view Community News that includes updates from:
- Measure B
Follow Us! #CoveSchool #WeAreLCMSD
ABOUT THE COVE CONNECTION The Cove Connection is a digital bulletin published by the CovePTO and distributed to The Cove School community each Sunday via email. To submit content to the Cove Connection, please email email@example.com. To receive a subscription to The Cove Connection, or to change your email address, send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.